The Endowment Fund for Missions of the Texas Annual Conference (EFMTAC)
The purpose of the EFMTAC is to provide funds and support for the major projects and programs locally, nationally, and internationally of the Center for Missional Excellence (or its successor) within the TAC.
The EFMTAC funds may be directed to the following:
- Facilities such as new buildings, renovation of existing buildings, equipment and furnishings, labor and supervision. These facilities may be for worship, parsonage, education, medical programs and support, social programs, or community programs.
- Start-up funding for new programs or new components of existing programs. These programs may be religious, medical, social, and/or community-related.
- Disaster response, relief, and recovery
The EFMTAC funds shall not be used for the following:
- to pay Conference personnel staff salaries
- projects or programs fully covered by other grant agencies of the United Methodist Church, except that matching grants complementing grants from other agencies will be considered as demonstrating wide based support
- Churches that are a part of United Methodist Conferences except for Missionary Conferences and Central Conference Churches or except in times of disaster.
- Budget items of the Texas Annual Conference
The Texas Annual Conference Center for Missional Excellence Missions Committee seeks to serve and support effective mission initiatives and projects to make disciples for Jesus Christ that indeed our world might be transformed. You are encouraged to complete the application with great vision and hope that God will provide for what he has called you to do and become. We will evaluate and assess the need of the program, project or initiative and measure the impact and capacity for change and impact, with special attention to the following:
- Community engagement
- Congregational Involvement
- Capacity for Discipleship