Safe Sanctuary is an overt expression in making congregations safe places where children, youth and elders may experience the abiding love of God and fellowship within the community of faith. Everyone working with children and youth in any event or activity either sponsored by The Texas Annual Conference or your local church shall follow the guidelines laid out in either the conference or local church Safe Sanctuary policy where appropriate. Follow the training and certification process below:
Safe Sanctuary Online Training-
The Texas Annual Conference use TrainRight, Inc. Online Child Abuse Awareness Training, Prevention & Certification Program.
Local churches can contact TrainRight, Inc. to set up an account (Train Right - Home).
Steps for Safe Sanctuary Certification (Good for two years), once you have an account, the process is simple.
- You will need the trainee's name, email address, and the purpose of the activity/event you're requesting training for.
- The church's account representative will enter the trainee into the TrainRight system, and they will receive an email from TrainRight with a link inviting them to take the online training. Please Note- the same email address cannot be used for two different trainees, each trainee will need their own unique email address.
- Click on the link in the email which will bring you to www.trainright.org and click Register.
- After you have registered, then click on Sign In. Please remember your password for future use. Once you have signed in you may begin your training.
You do not need a special code to begin your training. Complete your training as your time allows. If you have to stop at any given point, just log out and log back in when you can return. The system will take you to the start of the section after the section you just completed.
Safe Sanctuary Certification Process
This Online Training is for Texas Annual Conference - Conference Policy Only!
The Texas Annual Conference and the Committee on Safe Sanctuary is implementing a new online program for staff and volunteers to complete safe sanctuary training through www.trainright.org which provides a 1-hour online training and certification program which meets the requirements of the Conference’s Safe Sanctuary policy and also provides state-required certification for all youth camp workers and volunteers. Individuals are now required to:
1) Read the Conference’s Safe Sanctuary policy and procedure document (click link below); and
2) Take the www.trainright.org online training and certification program which will automatically generate a certificate upon passing with the user’s name, date of birth, and completion date.
Individuals will still be required to follow the certification process as outlined below.
Additional Certification Requirements:
- 1In addition to the above training requirements, all Leaders, Assistant Leaders or Childcare Providers shall complete an application / consent form. By signing the form, the applicant gives by the appropriate authority. BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED ANNUALLY!!!!!
- The application will be processed by the local church. (All references checked and background screening completed.)
- The certification checklist will be completed by the local church and sent to the Safe Sanctuary office to complete the certification process for the conference policy.