Your Retiree Medical/Drug Benefits (Under Age 65)
Staying healthy is everyone’s priority! You do your part by taking care of yourself, and The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church (TAC) provides valuable medical coverage to help you protect your health and that of your family.
Who is eligible?
- TAC clergy and lay employees (whose salary-paying unit was the TAC Fiscal Office) who are retired, under age 65, and who qualify for TAC retiree group health coverage under Group Health Policy 130 (clergy) or Policy 131 (laity), are eligible to participate in the TAC Standard PPO or High Deductible PPO Plans along with their eligible under 65 dependents.
- If you are a retiree who has reached age 65, please see Your Retiree Medical Benefits (Age 65+).
About your medical/prescription drug benefits
As an under age 65 retiree, your medical and prescription drug benefits under the TAC Standard PPO or High Deductible PPO Plans are identical to those of active clergy or laity enrolled in those plans. Please see Your Medical Benefits and Your Prescription Drug Benefits under Clergy Health and Laity Health. You will continue to use your Boon-Chapman ID card for medical and prescription drug benefits as you did while an active employee until you reach age 65.
You pay your share of the cost of coverage through electronic funds transfer (EFT). Check your 2020 monthly cost of coverage.
As a retiree, you are not eligible for the Hearing Aid Benefit.
Retirees cannot add new dependents following retirement. Once a retiree or eligible dependent terminates enrollment in a TAC Group Health Plan, the retiree or dependent may not enroll in a TAC Group Health Plan at a future date.
About your dental/vision coverage
If you were enrolled in an optional dental and/or vision plan at the time of your retirement, you may continue that coverage in retirement, but you may not enroll in any new dental or vision coverage after you retire. However, if you are enrolled in a dental plan at retirement, you may elect to switch between the Dental HMO and Dental PPO plans during your Annual Open Enrollment Period, to be effective the first of the following year. Once a retiree or eligible dependent terminates dental or vision coverage, the retiree or dependent may not enroll in dental or vision coverage at a future date.
As with active clergy and lay employees, Aetna Signature Administrators is your PPO network. Provider information can be found at www.aetna.com/asa. You can also contact Boon Chapman’s customer service number at 1-800-252-9653 for help in locating a provider or for questions regarding the PPO network.
Want to know more?
- Read the details about the Standard PPO plan
- Learn about the prescription drug plan
- Learn about the MHNet Employee Assistance Program
- Learn about the EPO
- Learn about utilization review on the Prime Dx website
- Discover the Wellness Program
- If you have questions...