Registration Opens Today for the 2020 Virtual Texas Annual Conference
Registration for clergy and lay delegates is now open for 2020 Virtual Texas Annual Conference on Friday, August 14, 2020, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Deadline to register is August 7th. The YouTube livestream will be available to all and posted on our webpage www.txcumc.org at 8:15 am on August 15th.
Helpful Links for this year’s session of TAC 2020.
The Ordination & Commissioning Service is scheduled Saturday, August 14, 2020, 1:00-3:00 pm. The link will be available at 12:45 pm via this webpage and may be viewed by everyone.
Donate to the Texas Annual Conference Event Expenses to help defray costs of TAC 2020. You can also donate to COVID-19 assistance. Options for giving online, via text or via a mobile app are available: https://www.txcumc.org/give.
Texas Annual Conference
August 14, 2020
The Annual Conference Planning Team has determined that in light of the current COVID 19 crisis the 2020 Texas Annual Conference will be all virtual on Friday, August 14th. Registration will still be necessary in order to receive the secure link to the Zoom Session of Texas Annual Conference. However, because of these significant changes registration will not be available until July 13. Registration will remain open through August 7th. Thank you for your patience. Important dates to keep on your calendar are:
- July 8 - Electronic distribution of the 2020 Pre-Conference Journal
- July 13 - Registration opens for the 2020 Texas Annual Conference Session
- July 19 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Central North, Southeast, and North Districts*
- July 20 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Central South, East, and West Districts*
- July 21 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Northwest, South, and Southwest Districts (includes Closed Captioning)*
- August 7 - Registration closes for the 2020 Texas Annual Conference Session
- August 14 - 2020 Session of the Texas Annual Conference of the UMC
- August 15 - Ordination Service (available on YouTube)
* If delegates are unable to attend the Zoom Webinar for their district, they may attend the webinar on one of the other nights
Only elected delegates (clergy and lay) will be eligible to participate in the Zoom session on August 14 which will include the opportunity for live conversation and voting. Guests and observers are welcome to view all the proceedings on YouTube which will simulcast the 2020 Session.