The Texas Annual Conference is accepting proposals for potential new churches. Our intention is to plant churches to reach more people, more young people, and more diverse people for Christ by creating new places for new people. The proposal is yours to develop, but be sure to include:
1. WHY START A NEW CHURCH?
· a. State your calling
· b. State what kind of church you envision
· c. Demonstrate the need for a new church
2. WHO IS YOUR MINISTRY FOCUS GROUP?
· a. Describe the geographic area to be served
· b. Describe your target group
· c. Include appropriate demographics*
· d. Describe the reasons for selecting your location site
3. WHAT KIND OF CHURCH DO YOU DESIRE TO PLANT?
· a. Describe your church’s ministry style
· b. What type of plant? Mother-Daughter, Parachute Drop, Extension Campus, Other
· c. List other United Methodist Churches that currently serve this area
· 4. HOW AND WHEN WOULD YOU PLANT THIS CHURCH?
· a. Include a strategic plan
· b. Include a time line for the first 18-24 months
· c. Include an explanation of how you will gather your first members
4. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
· a. Include a start-up budget
· b. Include a cash flow analysis
· c. How much funding do you seek from the Annual Conference
Once completed, please submit your proposal to Morris Matthis at (firstname.lastname@example.org).