United Methodist Men Give Day
Date Posted: 9/16/2019
October 21 is United Methodist Men (UMM) Give DayJoin our mission to:
- Address root causes of domestic violence by providing Amending through Faith resources to men of all ages.
- Challenge churches and provide them resources to minister to young people by establishing Cub Scout packs, Boy and Girl Scout troops, and Camp Fire groups.
- Provide churches with a wealth of information and resources to help them reach unchurched men, and to provide spiritual-growth opportunities for church members.
- Encourage men to serve as big brothers to boys whose fathers are incarcerated through the Amachi program of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Provide materials and information that will enable men to participate in accountability groups similar to class meetings established by John Wesley.
- Recruit and train people to serve as prayer partners to respond to prayers posted on the Upper Room Prayer Wall.
- Encourage churches to establish Programs of Religious Activities with Youth (PRAY) classes for Scouts and other young people.
- Feed hungry people through potato drops, gleaning, and fund-raising projects coordinated by the Society of St. Andrew.
- Provide opportunities with Mobility Worldwide to build hand-crank carts for people in Third World countries who have lost the ability to walk.
- Recruit, train and certify men to serve as men’s ministry or Scouting ministry specialists. These volunteer leaders help neighboring churches discover effective ways to reach men and youth in their communities.
- Distribute copies of Strength for Service books to first responders and military troops.
- Participate in Rise Against Hunger food packaging events.
Make the Right Call (.pdf)
UMM Give Day Fact Sheet (.pdf)
Learn more at: