Texas Annual Conference 2020 Update
Texas Annual Conference - August 14, 2020
The Annual Conference Planning Team has determined that in light of the current COVID 19 crisis the 2020 Texas Annual Conference will be all virtual on Friday, August 14th. Registration will still be necessary in order to receive the secure link to the Zoom Session of Texas Annual Conference. However, because of these significant changes registration will not be available until July 13. Registration will remain open through August 7th. Thank you for your patience. Important dates to keep on your calendar are:
- July 8 - Electronic distribution of the 2020 Pre-Conference Journal
- July 13 - Registration opens for the 2020 Texas Annual Conference Session
- July 19 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Central North, Southeast, and North Districts*
- July 20 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Central South, East, and West Districts*
- July 21 - Pre-conference Zoom Webinar for Northwest, South, and Southwest Districts (includes Closed Captioning)*
- August 7 - Registration closes for the 2020 Texas Annual Conference Session
- August 14 - 2020 Session of the Texas Annual Conference of the UMC
- August 15 - Ordination Service (available on YouTube)
* If delegates are unable to attend the Zoom Webinar for their district, they may attend the webinar on one of the other nights
Only elected delegates (clergy and lay) will be eligible to participate in the Zoom session on August 14 which will include the opportunity for live conversation and voting. Guests and observers are welcome to view all the proceedings on YouTube which will simulcast the 2020 Session.
Registration for the All-Virtual 2020 Texas Annual Conference Session will open on July 13th. We apologize for the delay in this unprecedented health crisis. Please check back for your link to register and see additional updates at https://www.txcumc.org/tac2020.