Church Security Seminar: October 27, 2018
Church Security Best Practices
“How to Assess, Implement, & Develop A Church Safety Ministry”
Glen Evans, founder of Church Security Alliance and co-author of the e-book Church Security Basics, will lead a seminar on Church Security on October 27, 2018 from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church 3471 Westheimer, Houston, Texas 77027.
Register online at https://www.txcumc.org/securityreg. There is no charge for this seminar.
Glen Evans answers the important questions the local church should focus upon considering recent events.
In this four-hour seminar you will discover:
- How to assess whether your church needs a safety ministry
- Developing a servant-based security ministry
- The seamless, under the radar, and low-key approach to church security
- Church safety on a budget: What should you focus upon?
- Debrief of the 2017 Antioch, TN incident
- Common sense approach to secure your church
- The most likely threats to your church and how to handle them
- To arm or not to arm? That is the question.
- The most important skill anyone can know: Verbally De-escalate Anyone
- How to prepare your leadership, staff, and volunteers for a volatile event
- ABC Lockdown Training
Make plans to attend this seminar. Invite your lay leadership including your Trustees, Council, and Church Administrator and Staff. Be prepared for any unforeseen security crisis. Bishop Scott Jones along with the leadership of the Texas Annual Conference invite you to attend this very informative and helpful seminar.
Note: More seminars will be forthcoming—West District will be held in the Spring of 2019.