Enroll in the TAC Wellness Program—participate in a Day of Wellness.
The TAC Group Health Benefits (GHB) Plan offers a comprehensive Wellness Program for TAC Clergy and TAC Fiscal Office Lay Employees and their spouses enrolled in either the TAC Standard PPO or High Deductible PPO Plans.
Entry into the TAC Wellness Program begins with attending a virtual Day of Wellness event, and there is no cost to participate. You only need to attend the Day of Wellness once to be eligible to earn Wellness Program Incentives (i.e. you do not need to repeat the Day of Wellness each year).
Full completion of the Day of Wellness requirements as indicated below will enroll participants in the TAC Wellness Program, and TAC Wellness Program participants will be eligible to earn TAC Wellness Program Incentives. For more details about Wellness Program incentives visit https://www.txcumc.org/weightlossincentives.
What Will Your Virtual Day of Wellness Include?
The 2022 Day of Wellness will be held on Thursday, October 6, 2022, from 9 AM – 12 PM. The Houston Methodist Wellness Services Team will present this fast-paced, interactive event providing current wellness strategies for maintaining optimal health. Please see the schedule below and the 2022 Day of Wellness Promotional Flyer for more information about each topic.
9:00 – 9:40 Get into the Blue Zone for Healthy Aging
9:45 – 10:25 10 Ways to Manage Stress
10:30 – 11:10 Keys to Long-Term Weight Loss – Why Diets Don’t Work
11:15 – 12:00 Healthy Take on Takeout
2022 Day of Wellness Pre-Registration and Participation Requirements
Please read carefully. The 2022 Day of Wellness will be composed of two parts. Completion and full individual participation in both parts will be required to enroll in the TAC Wellness Program and be eligible to earn Wellness Program Incentives. Please see the requirements below.
Part One: 2022 Day of Wellness Pre-Registration and Participation
- Pre-Registration: Please pre-register for the 2022 Day of Wellness on October 6, 2022, using the following registration link: 2022 Day of Wellness Pre-Registration
• Spouses must pre-register individually, separate from the Clergy or TAC Fiscal Office Lay Employee.
• You must pre-register to receive the webinar link which will be emailed to you a week prior to the 2022 Day of Wellness.
- 2022 Day of Wellness Participation Requirements
• Each of the 40-minute sessions will be ended by the Wellness presenter at the times indicated above and followed by a 5-minute break. You will need to log in separately to each of the 4 webinar sessions during the 5-minute break (using the same link each time) and participate in each of the four sessions to their conclusion to receive credit for completing the 2022 Day of Wellness Webinar.
• The webinar will be presented using Microsoft Teams. You will be able to access the webinar link through your PC or your cell phone, or by using the call-in option.
• Participants in the same household must use a separate device to log into each webinar session. Spouses must log in to each webinar session separately from the clergy or TAC Lay Employee for the Houston Methodist Wellness Services Team to record your participation. Houston Methodist Wellness Services Team will provide the TAC with an attendance report for each webinar session following the webinar.
• Please be aware that participating in only one, two or three of the webinar sessions will not satisfy the requirement for participation in the 2022 Day of Wellness event.
• If you do not log in separately to each of the 4 individual sessions and participate to the conclusion of all 4 sessions of the Day of Wellness Webinars, you will not receive credit for participating in the 2022 Day of Wellness event and you will not be eligible to earn Wellness Program Incentives.
Part Two: Completion of the 2022 Day of Wellness Physician Confirmation Form
• After attending all four webinars on October 6th, take the 2022 Day of Wellness Physician Confirmation Form to your doctor's office and have them complete the form in its entirety. This does not require a doctor’s appointment – the nurse or other office personnel can complete the form on behalf of the physician.
• Please note that the date of your annual physical must be within a year. If you have not had your annual physical within the past year, it might be advisable to go ahead and schedule an appointment for your annual physical (wellness exam) as soon as possible to be sure that you can meet that requirement by the form submission deadline. Your annual wellness exam is covered at 100% with an in-network provider under both the Standard PPO and High Deductible PPO Plans. If the doctor is out-of-network, applicable deductibles and co-insurance will apply.
• The 2022 Day of Wellness Physician Confirmation Form must be submitted within 30 days of the signature date on the form and no later than December 31, 2022.
• Please send the completed 2022 Day of Wellness Physician Confirmation Form as a scanned PDF document (not a JPEG or photo) to or by fax to 713-521-7516 by December 31, 2022.
Confirmation of participation in all four of the Day of Wellness Webinar sessions on October 6, 2022, plus submission of the completed 2022 Day of Wellness Physician Confirmation Form by December 31, 2022, are required to participate in the TAC GHB Wellness Program and earn Wellness Program incentives.