Associate Director, Media - Texas Annual Conference, Houston
Scope of Position
The Associate Director of Media is a communication specialist that works in tandem with the Director of Communications and the Cross Connection Writer to build support for the Texas Annual Conference and showcase ways the Conference supports and highlights the local congregations. The Associate is responsible for all electronic and print media production. The Associate acts a resource for the media needs of conference centers and other entities as directed by the Director of Communication.
- Layout and distribution of Cross Connection e-newsletter twice monthly including searching for visual representations that will enhance articles and create an attractive, informative newsletter.
- Act as liaison to the provider of web site services. Maintain the web site and act as resource for conference staff to develop effective web presence for each center and other associated entities. Assure that content is current and enticing to encourage return visits to the site.
- Provide videography to conference offices including taping, editing and distribution. Maintain video and still camera equipment to assure top performance and keep the Director informed of equipment status and needs.
- Assist Director of Communication on special projects (related to Annual Conference or other specific goals and campaigns)
- Ability to provide graphic design
- Knowledge and ability to operate video and still cameras, including editing programs
- Ability to maintain and, as needed, redesign web site or work with contractors to do redesign
- Ability to utilize social media and willingness to keep up to date on new social media opportunities
- Knowledge of shooting and editing videos
- Demonstrated skill with video and editing software platforms, specifically proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere
- Experience with live streaming
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability operate and carry camera equipment (up to 25 pounds)
Submit resume, cover letter and samples to: Shannon W. Martin
Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
5215 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77002