Social Media Specialist - Texas Annual Conference
The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church is the business office for 600 plus churches and other ministries in the Houston area and across Southeast Texas. The communications team is made up of creative individuals with fresh ideas and a common drive for success. Our team tells the faith stories of the churches and their ministries through a variety of mediums both internally and externally. We are looking for a Social Media Specialist to help develop, implement, track, and optimize all paid and unpaid social media along with supporting our team. This individual should have an expert knowledge of all social digital marketing platforms, knowledge of AP writing, graphic design and video production.
This individual must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to follow directions well, a self-starter, flexible and a great problem solver. A background in paid social media advertising and digital marketing is essential with a strong grasp of social marketing tools and strategies to lead campaigns from concept to execution. This person will work with the communications team, reporting directly to the Director of Communications. A knowledge of the United Methodist Church, its theology, structure, and practices are vital.
- Support team to plan and strategize all social media campaigns then execute campaign
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts @txumc with the goal of increasing overall audience size engagement with church pastors and leaders
- Interact with stakeholders and respond to and/or hide posts
- Create relationships with social media managers of local churches
- Work with the communications team to develop a content calendar
- Professionally represent the Texas Annual Conference on all channels
- Write posts and develop graphics/video to go with posts
- Provide monthly performance recaps for Director through Google Analytics
- Coordinate with local United Methodist Churches in the Conference on social media initiatives
- Manage calendar of projects to meet deadlines
- Jump in on other communications projects regularly such as videos, photography, slides, article proofing, website updates and layout of brochures.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media, marketing, or graphic arts. Spanish speaker a plus. One to five years of experience.
Working knowledge of the following: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop Media Encoder and Premier. Also familiar with Facebook Business and social reports scheduling app.
Houston, Texas 77002