Programs Manager - FUMC Houston
First Methodist Houston is looking for a full-time creative and energetic Programs Manager to support and create recreational programs for children ages 5-14, that are safe, focus on positive teachings, encourage healthy relationships, and instill God's love and grace to all participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations at Quillian Center’s after-school program and summer day camp program to ensure Quillian Center is complying with state minimum standards for childcare centers, set forth by Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services, and Day Care Licensing as well as maintaining American Camp Association standards for summer camps.
- Provide a safe environment for children under our direct care and foster positive relationships with families in our program.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of daily activities, games, athletic events, enrichment classes, special events, and other programs for children, youth, and adults, during the summer and throughout the year.
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- First Aid, CPR and AED Certified
- Child Care License or Certification preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a childcare setting.