Part-time Music Director (20-hours a week) - Holy Covenant UMC - Katy, Texas
Holy Covenant United Methodist Church
Church Address: 22111 Morton Ranch Rd, Katy, TX 77449
Contact: Jennifer Hurford, SPR Chair
Contact number: 832-520-9512
Part-time Music Director (20-hours a week)
Serve Holy Covenant UMC in a way that is consistent with our main mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ through our vision “Real People: caring, preparing, building and growing together” and theology by developing, coordinating and administering a well-rounded music ministry. Create an atmosphere of celebration and reverence to God through music for all worship services. Lead and direct the church music program to include choir(s), vocal, instrumental and other expressions of musical experiences. Foster an innovative, blended style of music to enhance and support the worship message goals.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the music for all Holy Covenant UMC Worship Services;
- Plan, organize and lead the adult choir
- Ensure music performance(s) for worship is adequately communicated and rehearsed weekly prior to each Sunday, including a choir ‘warm up’ just prior to each Sunday morning service the choir serves in
- Coordinates communication with leadership of all music ministries within Holy Covenant UMC; Coordination includes incorporation of Hand Bell Choir, Praise Band, Youth or Children’s Choir, Ensembles and Soloists in to Sunday services
- Plan, arrange for and communicate special musical events and worship performances for Christmas Eve, Maundy-Thursday, Good Friday and Easter services, which may vary.
- Attend all music ministry practices, except those with pre-determined leadership;
- Attend and participate in all scheduled worship planning meetings, presently scheduled on Tuesdays at 4 PM (coordinating music with themes and seasons of worship);
- Collaborate with Pastor and Worship Committee to select all worship music
- Utilize technology in planning and presenting music to enhance the worship message
- Minimum expectation of each meeting is to have planned anthems and other music identified two weeks in advance
- Prepare possible hymn options for worship themes and seasons for inclusion in worship.
- Plan, budget, communicate and administer music ministry;
- Provide adequate notice to Finance Administrator regarding paid musicians to be reimbursed and ensure budget compliance.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church and promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to read music is required. Piano playing ability is not an absolute requirement but is strongly preferred.
- Attested musical skills and competent in wide range of styles including Christian classics and contemporary.
- Ability to lead, inspire and engage the congregation during the worship experience
- Able to work with volunteers and committees.
- Able to compose, arrange, write or sequence music is a plus, but not required
- General computer knowledge.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org