Mission Center: Construction Supervisor
Status: Full-Time, Variable Hours, Not to Exceed 40 hours per week. 1 year contract. 2nd and 3rd year contingent upon performance and receipt of grant funds
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Office location: Houston, TX
Lake Jackson, TX
Provide construction supervision on-site to volunteer teams and professional labor as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate the efforts of volunteers, contractors and inspectors in order to complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Receives complete Scope of Work from Construction Coordinator.
- Receives deliveries of materials on site.
- Receives volunteer teams on site.
- Provides orientation for volunteer teams regarding Scope of Work and site safety.
- Ensures all work on site done in accordance with Scope of Work.
- Ensures all work on site done in accordance with best safety practices, and local, state, and federal safety guidelines.
- Works with local inspectors as necessary.
- Resolves conflicts on site.
- Resolves on site issues regarding work performance and / or Scope of Work.
- Reports all issues and construction-related needs to Construction Coordinator.
- Liaison with professional contractors.
- Represent best interests of client in dealing with professional contractors and volunteer labor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Construction Coordinator.
- An appreciation of the nature and mission of the Church is essential.
- Basic knowledge in all sub-codes including building, plumbing, and electrical/HVAC
- Working knowledge of local and International Building Code
- Basic computer skills
- Experience supervising single-family residential rehabilitation/construction projects
- Experience in resolving contractor disputes and problem solving skills
- Experience reading blueprints, construction drawings, and other construction documents.
- Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnic and religious backgrounds
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
- Must have physical and mental stamina and be able to perform successfully under time-limited pressure
- Must have flexibility to adjust accommodate others schedules including some night or weekend hours
- Knowledge of the community and current elevation/flood plain requirements is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to be able to drive within the service area as needed to fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Constant interaction with internal and external third parties for the purpose of collecting and distributing information
- Spends time sitting, walking, standing, climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions including extreme heat and humidity
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with internal and external clients and stakeholders across the Texas Annual Conference