Ministry Assistant to Pastoral Care Ministry - Chapelwood UMC
WHO IS CHAPELWOOD?
Chapelwood United Methodist Church, founded in 1949, is a 6,000+ member church located in the Memorial Villages of Houston, TX. It is a “community of communities” with four-campuses housing seven worship communities that host ten weekly worship venues all serving with a common mission, values, and disciple-making pathway. (See www.chapelwood.org)
MISSION, VALUES, AND DISCIPLE-MAKING PATHWAY
Our mission (WHAT we do) is…
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world (Mission of the UM Church) by embodying God’s grace as we receive it to those who need it (Mission of Chapelwood) and creating a community where students and their families can increase in their love for God and for others (Vision of Chapelwood Student Ministry).
Our Ten Core Values (WHY we do what we do)...
Core values form the foundation for living into our calling. These core values underlie our work, influence the ways we interact with each other, and guide us to discern which strategies we employ to fulfill God’s mission for our church. They undergird everything we do. Chapelwood’s TEN CORE VALUES are:
1. Establishing Unity: We Will Tap Into the Synergy of “Community of Communities” (John 17:20-23; Ephesians 4:1-3)
2. Encouraging Diversity: We Will Live Into God’s Dream of a Diverse Kingdom (Genesis 1:24-25)
3. Embodying Grace: “To embody God’s grace as we receive it those who need it.” (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:16)
4. Providing a Discipleship Pathway: A Clear, Consistent, Simple and Measurable Grace-centered Pathway –> Experience – Grow – Share (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 4:16-30, 24:47; John 20:23)
5. Taking Risks: We Will Be Innovative, Adaptive, Energetic, Nimble, and Entrepreneurial (1 John 4:18)
6. Becoming Faithful Stewards: We Recognize the Gift We’ve Been Given Isn’t Ours (Luke 12:48, Luke 16:1-2)
7. Developing a Missional Heart: Focused, Relational, Strategic (Luke 4:18-19)
8. Ministering to All Stages of Life: From Cradle to Grave (Mark 10:14; Psalm 71:9)
9. Embracing a Sense of Urgency: We Will Not Be Complacent – Too Much Is At Stake (2 Chronicles 24:5; Psalm 119:60; Matthew 28:7; Luke 10:4)
10. Becoming a Learning Congregation: We Learn…Through Success and Failure (Proverbs 1:5, 9:9; 1 Chronicles 12:32)
Our disciple-making pathway (HOW we make disciples) is to help people …
EXPERIENCE grace (in worship)
GROW in grace (in groups and relationships)
SHARE grace (in ministry).
We call this disciple-making pathway “E-G-S” for short.
The successful candidate will offer the best fit among our 3-C’s of hiring: Competence, Character, and Culture.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to Chapelwood’s “Staff Values Covenant” (expected behaviors) and “Staff Responsibilities Covenant” (core responsibilities).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage volunteer teams as well as be a compassionate and listening ear for those in need.
- Creative, “big picture” person who can keep track of the details of multiple and varying projects and relationships simultaneously; experienced and disciplined in the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Proven organizational and leadership skills, along with strong verbal and written communication skills; able to plan effectively, manage time and financial budgets, accomplish tasks, solve problems, address complex issues, make decisions, delegate and follow projects through to timely completion with minimal direction.
- Computer proficient – skilled in Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook, familiarity with how databases work and willing to learn new applications.
Professional and Personal Growth
- Maintain physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health.
- Pursue an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Deeply committed Christian, who lives out their faith through their actions and words
- Trustworthy, with the ability to create a safe place for others, and dependable
- Strong sense of Discernment
- Confident in beliefs and self
- Enjoys working as a self-motivated member of a dynamic and fast-paced team, with the ability to handle constant change and adapt well.
- Able to build strong relationships with staff and church members
- Fulfills the expectations of the staff as outlined in the Chapelwood UMC “Staff Values Covenant,” including being able to demonstrate and communicate the vision of the church.
- Values empowering and then working alongside lay core teams.
Chapelwood offers a competitive compensation package of salary and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement) commensurate with education and work experience. Particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory completion of financial and criminal background checks.
If you think God might be calling you to this position, contact:
HR and Office Manager
Chapelwood United Methodist Church