Male Middle School Youth Pastor
This full-time position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. The Middle School Youth Pastor will work on a team with other youth staff and will focus primarily on 7th and 8th grade male youth ministry. This position will include casting vision for the middle school ministry, delivering large group messages, leading male small group bible studies, managing a large team of volunteers, and supporting the entire youth ministry and church with its mission, vision, and strategy.
The Male Middle School Youth Pastor must thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
As with all HPUMC positions, this person is expected to embody the mission of HPUMC each and every day - to help people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. They are also expected to demonstrate the values of HPUMC, which include: (1) being God led, (2) caring for one another, (3) being respectful of our heritage and (4) being focused on our future.
Location: Dallas, TX
The following responsibilities are a representative sampling of the duties of the Male Middle School Pastor.
- Serve as the lead Youth Pastor for 7th-8th grade students and their families
- Continually evaluate the HPUMC Youth strategy and our execution of this strategy
- Work with other HPUMC Youth staff to plan and execute all middle school environments
- Serve as the lead staff person in these environments
- Share primary teaching responsibilities in middle school environments with the Pastor to Youth and their Families
- Spend time each week with middle school students outside of weekly programming
- Recruit and train volunteers to cultivate appropriate personal relationships with middle school students
- Attend middle school extra-curricular events
- Intentionally develop and nurture personal relationships with parents
- Be proactive in communicating with parents regularly
- Help to engage parents in the ministry of the church
- Actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of HPUMC Youth’s community partners
- Help students actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of our community partners
- Help students view their future through the lens of Christ’s calling on their lives.
- Attend All-Staff meeting
- Attend quarterly Family Ministries meeting
- Attend bi-monthly HPUMC Youth department meetings
- Meet with Pastor to Youth and their Families weekly and/or as needed
- Lead one major role of the youth ministry (e.g. missions, creative content, communications, summer programming, hospitality).
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who feels called to Youth Ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment. Additionally, our employees are called to follow our youth worker policies, to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education a plus
- 3+ years in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience in large church ministry
- Experience in delivering powerful biblical messages to youth regularly
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
Due to the nature of youth ministry early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are regular. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to email@example.com, specifying MS Pastor in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Video (link or DVD) of a recent teaching
- Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement