Lakewood United Methodist Church Student Ministries is currently seeking applicants for our 2021 Full Time Summer Internship.
The internship runs from May 12 - August 11, 2021. Interviews will be conducted in person or on Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, or other available video conferencing software.
As part of your internship, you will work with the Student Ministry staff to implement a full summer calendar which includes Sunday School, Wednesday night fellowship and worship, occasional day trips, and overnight trips for students who have completed 6th grade through 12th grade. The interns will work together in creating environments for us to reach students, connect them to Jesus, help them grow in Christ, and be sent to make disciples. Specific responsibilities will be based on the intern’s gifts and desired areas of growth. This is a full-time, paid internship.
• At least one year out of high school
• Active involvement in a ministry program and/or church
• Ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to be taught
• Strong interpersonal and corporate communication skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to adjust to schedule changes and be spontaneous
• An applicant pursuing a career in ministry is preferred, but not a requirement