Graphic Artist/Communications/Social Media Specialist - Ashford UMC
Job Type: Part-Time (15 hours per week) | Salary: $15/hour
Ashford United Methodist Church (“Ashford”), a diverse and growing Christian community in Houston, Texas, is looking for the right person to help lead our church in the areas of BRANDING—so that people to know it’s us, CLARITY AND SIMPLICITY—so that people easily understand us, CONSISTENCY AND FREQUENCY—so that people regularly hear from us, and EXCELLENCE—so that people trust us.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
- Develop and champion a vision for the communications ministry in alignment with the vision and mission of the church.
- Develop a team approach to communications by recruiting, training, developing, and empowering volunteers.
- Oversee the messaging and branding of Ashford’s communications to ensure unity and uniformity of design and message.
- Consult with ministry leaders and staff members to assist them in communicating effectively with the congregation and community.
- Create engaging and informative graphics to enhance communications, including but not limited to: announcements, worship slides, social media, website, marketing materials, special events, etc.
- Develop graphic design layout and content (as needed) for all aspects of communication (i.e. bulletin format, email design standards, brochures, posters, letterhead, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of the church website and provide tech advice for the ACEC Preschool website.
- Manage all social media communications and support the social media needs of various ministry teams, ensuring content is engaging and updated frequently.
- Develop and coordinate external marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Ensure photographs and/or videos of church events & ministry activities are taken and manage church photo/video archive.
- Develop and manage annual budget for communications ministry.
- Attend staff meetings and other church committee meetings as needed.
- Spiritually grounded in Christian beliefs and passionate about communication ministries.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- 4 years of experience in digital communications.
- Ability to articulate the Gospel message within the context of communication materials.
- High level of skill and experience with Excel, Adobe CS6, and graphic design.
- Strong understanding of social media communications and website design.
- Excellent writing, organizational, communication, and team building skills.
- Ability to set goals, report on those goals, and to achieve goals.
- Ability to recruit volunteers
- Along with a cover letter and résumé, applicants must submit electronic links to view samples of their work to email@example.com.