Full-Time Preschool Director, Bellaire UMC, Houston
Bellaire United Methodist Church (Bellaire, TX) is seeking a full-time Director to lead our School for Little Children Preschool. The aim of the program is to nurture children by providing a supportive environment for physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth in the lives of preschoolers. The ideal candidate is experienced, energetic, and passionate about early childhood education and will be a strong team builder who encourages, equips, and develops a dedicated staff. This person will implement and oversee all aspects of the school’s ministry in ways that deepen faith formation and respond to the hopes and needs of children and their parents in Bellaire and surrounding neighborhoods.
1. Supervise the care and teaching of the children in the program to assure that the best possible learning experiences are being provided and that children’s needs are being met.
2. Interpret to the parents, congregation and community the goals and vision of the School for Little Children program.
3. Collaborate with program staff and church leadership to connect children and families with the broader ministry of the church when appropriate.
4. Ensure that the facility and program meet all standards as set forth by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and any accrediting agencies so desired by the church.
5. Interview, select, and screen all staff according to the qualifications and job descriptions developed and approved by the School for Little Children Board.
6. Develop an annual budget for the School for Little Children program that shall adequately cover the expenses for salaries, materials, and an agreed upon donation to the church to help defray utilities and other facilities costs.
7. Enroll children, keep required records, and collect and record tuition.
8. Attend to other duties as may be assigned by the senior pastor and appropriate for the skills of the individual.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Contact: Rev. Seann Duffin
4417 Bellaire Blvd.
Bellaire, Texas 77401
Deadline: June 23, 2018