Full Time Executive Director for Libbie's Place Senior Day Program - Moody Memorial, Galveston
Libbie’s Place is seeking a qualified candidate to manage the day-to-day and long-term operations of our Senior Day Program. We are a faith-based, community mission outreach program of the Moody Memorial First United Methodist Church in Galveston, Texas. We serve today’s seniors with physical and cognitive limitations who come together to be active, connected and inspired. Libbie’s Place is a not-for-profit corporation that is incorporated in the State of Texas and licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
The ideal candidate's qualifications include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the senior day program.
· Recruit, hire, train and supervise all staff and service contractors.
· Possess excellent organizational skills.
· Prepare, submit and manage grants and other fundraiser events. Ensure funds are utilized as designated. Provide periodic reports/information as needed to funding sources.
· Develop and manage budget.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures and the employee handbook.
· Have experience as a not-for profit manager.
· Have working knowledge, or experience, of the needs of older adults and family caregivers.
· Be familiar with the Galveston community and the aging services network.
· Liaise with community agencies and other churches.
· Provide assistance to families of participants when necessary.
· Actively recruit potential participants.
· Speak to community groups and organizations about senior day program.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with groups and individuals.
· Requires Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work.
Starting Salary is $60k - $65k, commensurate with experience.
Deadline for submission of resumes is November 15, 2019
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, issues or concerns.
Moody Memorial First United Methodist Church
2803 53rd Street
Galveston, TX 77551