Full-Time Director of Children's Ministries, Bellaire UMC
Bellaire United Methodist Church (Bellaire, TX) is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to lead a vibrant ministry with children (age birth to 5th grade) and their families. The ideal candidate will have significant experience ministering to children and parents and be a strong team builder who encourages, equips, and develops a growing base of lay volunteers. This person will implement and oversee all aspects of ministry with our children, including programming, events, and missions in ways that deepen faith formation and respond to the hopes and needs of children and their parents in Bellaire and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Work with other church leaders to define and steward a vision for children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Oversee Sunday morning children’s programs, including Sunday school classes for those within the nursery and children’s departments (birth through fifth grade), including development of curriculum, teacher training, communication, and staffing.
- Lead the planning and implementation of other worship, learning, and service opportunities including weekly and special discipleship programs, Vacation Bible School, summer camps, and seasonal events.
- Develop and implement ways for children and families to be involved in worship.
- Recruit, train, and equip individuals to serve in the children’s ministry program.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget for all children’s programs and activities.
- Attend and participate in such meetings as the Church Council, the Charge Conference, the children’s ministry teams, weekly staff meetings, and others as shall be appropriate.
- Attend to other duties as may be assigned.
Bellaire United Methodist Church
4417 Bellaire Blvd.
Bellaire, Texas 77401
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Deadline: October 4, 2018