Full Time Director of Children's Faith Formation, Dripping Springs UMC
The Director of Children’s Faith Formation is a full time salaried position responsible for the ongoing growth and nurturing of children and their families in their life of faith at Dripping Springs United Methodist Church.
The Director of Children’s Faith Formation is a full time salaried position responsible for the ongoing growth and nurturing of children and their families in their life of faith at Dripping Springs United Methodist Church. In partnership with the members, staff and pastors of the church, the Director of Children’s Faith Formation will oversee, create, and promote all children’s faith formation discipleship programs. This includes overseeing Sunday School for children ages Nursery through 6th Grade and helping children and their families grow in their faith through planning, recruiting and implementing children’s ministries. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
1. Pray for the church, and specifically for children and their families.
2. Identify needs of the congregation and community for children’s programs.
3. Plan and implement children’s events and programs. This includes weekly, monthly, and yearly children’s programs.
4. Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Music Minister to involve children in Worship.
5. Assist the Senior Pastor and other Church staff in the support of the vision of Dripping Springs United Methodist Church including the four core values of Story, Community, Connection, and Stewardship.
6. Adhere to, follow and support the United Methodist Book of Discipline.
7. Recruit, train and support leaders, sponsors and volunteers for children and family programs.
8. Attend training and continuing education opportunities to improve job knowledge and skills.
9. Supervise the Nursery staff and assist them to plan and implement programs related to childcare in the Nursery. Oversee payroll and scheduling related to the nursery staff.
10. Inform and update the congregation regularly about children’s ministry events, including
communication regarding a calendar of children’s programming and events and regular newsletter articles.
11. Cooperate and coordinate with all ministry groups so that children will experience spiritual growth in various areas such as service, evangelism, stewardship, worship, etc.
12. Maintain attendance database in order to provide ongoing care and support for children and their families.
13. Maintain an awareness of the entire church ministry in order to meet the needs of all children, both members and visitors.
14. Be a change agent and readily adaptable.
15. In addition to these responsibilities, be willing to take up any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor related to the ongoing mission and ministry of Dripping Springs United Methodist Church.
This position is responsible for supervising the following positions:
● Nursery staff
● Servants in children’s ministry such as VBS Directors, JBQ Leaders, Sunday School teachers and WOW Kids teachers and any other special program leaders.
● College degree required or have specialized training in Child Development, Christian Education or Child
Psychology, equal to college level courses.
● The Director of Children’s Faith Formation must have intermediate level Bible knowledge and be firmly
grounded in the purpose of God’s church.
● Must be able to support and promote the mission and ministry of DSUMC.
● Must be a dedicated Christian leader.
● Must love children and feel a sense of call to children and their families.
● Must have good organizational skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills.
● Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and delegate as needed.
● Must be an enthusiastic team player and work and communicate well with other employees of the Church. (Staff Cohesiveness is very important)
● Must be proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics etc.
● Must be able to pass a Criminal Background check and maintain Safe Gathering certification.
● Must maintain consistent office hours approved by Senior Pastor.
● Must be able to adapt quickly to change.
● Prior experience in a medium size church in children’s ministry a plus.
Must be able to type; communicate verbally on the phone and in person. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, sit for prolonged periods of time and walk for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Contact: Pastor Adam Thornton
28900 RR 12
Dripping Springs, TX 78620