Full-Time Custodian, Bering Memorial UMC, Houston
Bering Memorial UMC, Houston is looking to hire a full-time Custodian.
Position Title: Full-Time Custodian ($13 hr. w/benefits)
Location: Bering Memorial United Methodist Church
Contact: David Schulz
1440 Harold St.
Houston, TX 77006
Provide custodial care and maintenance to the church and surrounding grounds under the supervision of the Building Manager. Set up rooms for church/outside group meetings as directed by the Building Manager or Assistant to the Senior Pastor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keep the building and premises including lawn and beds clean and maintained.
- Perform set ups of tables, chairs, etc. for meetings.
- Check the building daily for needs, cleanliness and condition.
- Act as security/monitor as needed for persons entering and exiting the building. Lock and secure building at night after last activity.
- Maintain list of needs (cleaning supplies, coffee, etc.).
- Make sure AC/Heat is functioning for worship and all other meetings.
- Report all security concerns, maintenance problems and other needs to Building Manager.
- Supervisory chain Custodian => Building Manager => Assistant to the Senior Pastor => Senior Pastor
- Will be required to work Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays, or as required/scheduled according to business needs.
- Occasionally work alternate hours as requested for events or other business as required. These alternate hours are to be approved in advance by supervisor or Senior Pastor.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Skills and requirements
- Physical Demands: balancing, carrying, climbing, crawling, crouching, grasping, kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, standing, and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb an 8 foot ladder.
- Ideally, should have ability to foresee and proactively resolve problems within the area of his job related responsibility with a minimal amount of direct, day-to-day supervision.