Full-time Coordinator of Group Life & Women’s Ministries, St. Luke's UMC, Houston
The Coordinator of Group Life and Women’s Ministries is responsible for casting, communicating, and executing the vision for Group Life (small groups, Sunday schools, and classes) as well as programs targeted specifically for women. This person will inspire staff, volunteer leaders, and potential group members to participate in Group Life as an important step in their faith journey. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Adult Ministries, which requires availability to work Sunday mornings and occasionally on weekday evenings.
- Responsible for the design and development of a small group model that supports the mission and vision of St. Luke’s UMC
- Develop a strategy to recruit, train and spiritually develop small group members
- Cultivate, encourage, train, and equip leaders within Sunday school classes
- Lead facilitator trainings for Sunday school teachers and small group leaders
- Provide assistance with curriculum and guidance as needed (stay up-to-date on available options, investigate possibilities, obtain and distribute materials)
- Initiate periodic registration pushes for new small groups and follow up with group members
- Coordinate two annual retreats
- Plan quarterly events
- Develop and support a women’s ministry council or volunteer team
For more information or to apply visit our website at: www.stlukesmethodist.org and select “About” then “Careers”.
Contact: Janie Gallagher
St. Luke’s UMC
3471 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77027