Full Time Administrative and Outreach Coordinator - St. Philip’s UMC, Houston
Administrative and Outreach Coordinator at St. Philip’s UMC, Houston
To support the ministers, staff members, lay leaders, congregates and public seeking information, in an efficient, professional manner, while performing the duties associated with the ongoing operation of the church office. Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
This position reports directly to the Pastor and responsible for mobilizing the church to meet significant needs felt in the community. Organize volunteers for outreach and service events and build trust with the congregation.
To develop and implement ministries, which lead to a deeper relationship with Christ.
The program ministries of St. Philip’s United Methodist Church should be such that all individuals, whether members or a part of our local community, has an opportunity grow spiritually and see our church as the church of choice for their spiritual journey. The Coordinator should function as a member of the ministry team of the church and be available in the office to assist where needed.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in written and oral communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely and competently in positive and negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with social media and promotional tools as a means of outreach to the community.
- Able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively with diverse cultures and ethnicities.
- Minimum of two (2) years Administrative or Outreach experiences
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Develop and build relationships within the local community to understand their dynamics and how to meet their needs.
- Create meaningful opportunities to engage community.
- Maintain and advance outreach communications including the use of social media.
- Coordinate and/or plan church wide and events.
- Greet visitors, in person or via telephone in a courteous manner.
- Publish weekly and special worship bulletins.
- Edit and publish the newsletter with accuracy and timely manner.
- Prepare church-wide mailings and communications.
- Keep calendar of all church wide activities and website, including Facebook account.
- Schedule meetings and activities; make rooms assignments as requested.
- Maintain records of membership and attendance; maintain files of all committees, boards, councils and work areas.
- Maintain office supplies within allotted budget.
- Attend and actively participate at weekly staff meetings and all other leadership events.
Starting Salary $40,000/year; Benefits not provided
Send resume to Lisa Callaway at email@example.com
St. Philip’s UMC, Houston
Houston, Texas 77096