Full time 4th-5th Grade Associate Director of Children’s Ministry at Chapelwood UMC, Houston
1. Administer and coordinate the 4th-5th grade ministries of Chapelwood. These ministries should include excellent Bible-based curriculum with emphasis on life application messages supported by a wide variety of activities for variety & different learning styles (music, hands-on projects, games, etc).
2. Work together with the Chapelwood children’s ministry team (staff and volunteers) to organize social events, service projects, and special events for children and their families that build Christian community, encourage missional living, and reach out to families who are not yet a part of Chapelwood.
3. Recruit, equip, and support adult and teen volunteers.
- Attend/assist with weekly all-staff meeting, weekly children’s ministry staff meetings, special events, Easter, children’s Christmas Eve worship services, other services when children are participating, annual Chapelwood staff retreat, and other Chapelwood events that require an ‘all hands on deck’ team approach. Attend the 8:25am Family worship service.
- Work with the other departments around Chapelwood to foster partnerships in ministry to meet our church-wide goals, and to ensure effective promotion & implementation of ministries.
Competitive Salary and Benefits. Bachelors degree preferred. Experience in Children’s Ministry is required. Please submit resume to LM Wilson.
Deadline: August 1, 2019
Contact: Rev. LM Wilson
11140 Greenbay St.
Houston, Texas 77043
Contact Person’s Phone Number: 7134653467 ext 119