Financial Secretary - St. Mark's UMC, Houston (Pecore)
General Description: The financial secretary manages weekly contributions, bi-weekly payroll and other routine accounting and financial processes, making sure that all records are accurately maintained and up to date.
- Maintains records of all contributions.
- Maintains accurate and current records of all church accounts and funds consistent with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll
- Reconciles all incoming bills and payment requests with receipts and established procedures.
- Processes the financial obligations of the congregation on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepares and distributes the quarterly contribution reports to individual givers.
- Resolves contribution discrepancies for individual givers.
- Maintains records for memorials, honorariums, wedding holdings, and altar flowers.
- Manage deposits and checks for Sunday School class accounts
- Christ-centered: gives their best to serve others; exhibits humility, compassion and forgiveness.
- Organized: able to keep track of multiple accounts and maintain accurate, up to date records.
- Responsible and self-motivated: Able to organize and manage the workload and schedule; has a proven record of being punctual and prepared.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of fund accounting
- Ability to utilize relevant technology-knowledge of Quickbooks is required.
- The financial secretary reports to the Director of Operations.
- The financial secretary interfaces primarily with the Finance Team.
- 5-8 hours per week, flexible during office hours (Monday- Thursday, 8-5)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Rev. Emily Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mark's United Methodist Church
600 Pecore St.
Houston, TX 77009