Finance Secretary - Faith UMC Richmond
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three years accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Word, Outlook, Excel), scanners, printers, copiers and other office equipment.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Good decision making, research, and writing skills.
- Courteous and respectful team player with good moral character.
- College education and/or additional financial training.
- Non-profit or church/United Methodist Church experience.
- Experience with ShelbyNext Financials, QuickBooks, and/or other accounting software programs.
- Practicing Christian.
Maintain financial records of the church to protect and preserve assets, maintain adequate internal controls, implement policies established by the Finance Team, and assist the Business Administrator in financial reporting to various groups and committees within the church.
Reports to: Business Administrator
- Cooperate in the development of efficient and safe procedures for execution of financial duties in accordance with GAAP audit best practices.
- Cooperate in drafting policies and procedures that protect the assets of the church.
- Serve as liaison to individuals, groups and committees in regard to all financial functions and procedures.
- Support Stewardship and Capital Campaign Committees in the implementation of pledge campaigns.
- Record and deposit all revenue of the church.
- Oversee implementation of cash handling policies and procedures adopted by the church.
- Record in a timely manner all revenue of the church, by all methods by which it is received.
- Record designated contributions and ensure gifts are utilized to donors’ specifications.
- Record and acknowledge memorial gifts.
- Prepare and report charitable contributions to donors on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all donor information.
- Recruit, equip, encourage, organize, and oversee Finance Office volunteers.
- Execute payment for all liabilities of the church.
- Oversee implementation of account payable policies and procedures as adopted by the church.
- Assist in budget process and monitor spending.
- Investigate and report any areas of note.
- Confirm appropriate documentation for all Accounts Payable prior to payment.
- Ensure payments are made within the agreed upon vendor parameters, while maximizing the church’s revenue management.
- Maintain vendor files, including W-9s, and file 1099s.
- Remit to the conference and district office such apportionments and benevolence payments as has been accepted by the church according to the schedule adopted by the Finance Committee.
- Prepare payroll and payroll tax reporting in timely manner. Implement payroll changes as communicated by Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Maintain Human Resource files and documentation.
- Conduct and maintain Church employee background checks annually.
- Maintain financial record archives following conference guidelines.
- Train staff identified as having been assigned to cover duties in instances of absence.
- Cooperate with the Finance Team in the conduct of any audit as undertaken.
- Conduct all financial responsibilities for the Faith School for Young Children with the same controls, timeliness and expectations as outlined for the church.
Enumeration of essential functions in this job description neither state nor imply these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Performance of other duties may be requested as necessary by the supervisor.
To apply, submit resume to: email@example.com.
- 2-week paid vacation
- $40,000 - $45,000 salary
- Matching 403(b) Retirement plan
- 40-hour week, M-F