Facility Manager - Westbury UMC
Facility Manager Description
The Facilities Manager is a fulltime position that will oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations and maintenance, project manager for renovations and major repairs
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Building scheduling – calendar, rooms, air and contact for outside groups
The successful individual will possess proven experience as a facility manager or relevant position. Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices. Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and leadership skills with good and analytical/critical thinking.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com