Facilities Maintenance Worker, St. Luke’s UMC
St. Luke's United Methodist Church is a community gathered by Jesus to enact faith in love. We are one family in Jesus, putting faith to work in love. If you are looking for a church home, join St. Luke's and participate in passionate worship, faith-forming relationships, and ministries that make a difference.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the overall maintenance of all buildings, grounds and systems at the Westheimer campus. This position also provides back-up maintenance support to the Gethsemane campus. This is a full-time position which frequently requires work on Sundays and occasionally on weekends and evenings. The Building Engineer reports to the Director of Facilities.
• Monitor and ensure the timely, accurate completion of preventive maintenance and repairs for the Westheimer campus including the buildings, grounds, systems and physical plant. Supervise subordinate staff and/or outside contractors/vendors to ensure proper work completion.
• Supervise outside contractors/vendors in the maintenance of HVAC, Elevators, Fire Protection Equipment, Exterminators and other directly contracted facilities services. Coordinate with the Director of Facilities to ensure that work performed is per contract and within cost parameters.
• Interface with and respond to the Day School Resource Coordinator for maintenance requests.
• Perform back-up programming/coordination of HVAC energy management system.
• Supervise and ensure the proper maintenance of all Church leased property.
• Supervise and ensure the proper maintenance of all Church vehicles.
• Ensure work is performed in adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Assist with the coordination of Security on church property.
• High school diploma/GED
• A minimum of seven years directly related building maintenance experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and structural
• Basic Microsoft Office computer skill
• Effective oral and written communications skills in responding to work requests and discerning maintenance and repair needs
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively triage work requests
• Ability to supervise others and effectively foster cooperative work relationship with direct reports, outside contractors/vendors and Church staff
Deadline: Until someone is found.
Contact: Lindsey Lara
St. Luke’s UMC, Houston
3471 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, Texas 77027