Executive Director of Finance - Christ Church, College Station
Christ Church, a growing and dynamic congregation, in College Station, TX is seeking a full-time Executive Director of Finance and Administration. The Director of Finance and Administration serves the overall mission and vision of the church by providing excellent business systems that support the church’s mission and values. The position provides financial oversight, sound relationships with banks, final approval of contracts, risk management, and the ability to develop and oversee the annual stewardship program. This position will provide administrative oversight for human resource functions, IT and database management. The Executive Director of Finance and Administration plays a key role in creating a healthy staff culture and making sure each ministry area has the resources needed for success. A job description can be find below. All interested candidates should send resumes to James Faith, Executive Director of Congregational Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage and oversee the financial/business operations of the church. Duties include:
- Management of the annual budget process
- Monitors compliance to the budget
- Maintains accounting procedures by reviewing financial statements, general accounting procedures, internal control and financial reporting
- Provides annual reports according to defined schedules
- Ensures payroll is submitted correctly and timely. Implements salary adjustments as approved by the SPRC and Finance Committee
- Oversees all operating accounts, receipts and disbursements.
- Negotiates property insurance and handles claims
- Handles major gift coordination
- Schedules audits as required on timely basis
- Develops, serves and maintains the point of contact for all banking relationships. Handles debt negotiations, bank draws on construction and provides support to the Building Committee. Ensures that all investments are handled properly through the banks.
- Approves all contracts for the church. Ensures that camps, trips, liability coverage, etc. is adequate. Works with providers to provide health insurance for eligible employees. Ensures that physical property is appropriately covered by insurance.
- Serves as the point of contact for the annual stewardship campaign. Attends to all details, prepares correspondence for mailings, coordinates the publication of stewardship materials, provides spreadsheets for analysis and forecasting. Provide updates to the Senior Pastor and Executive Director of Congregational Life.
- Manages human resources duties that include benefits programs such as insurance, retirement plans, leave programs. Maintains employee files to include all personnel forms, performance evaluations, performance management documentation, training records. Ensure that issues requiring legal review are handled properly, respond to unemployment claims. Work closely with the Executive Team and SPRC to update or develop human resources guidelines, re-assign staff as needed or handle sensitive matters. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment rules and regulations. Works with the Executive Team to develop and communicate policies and procedures. Conducts onboarding for new employees. Serves as a mediator when there is conflict between a supervisor and employee to reach a positive outcome for both parties.
- Provides oversight for managing the databases/IT ensuring databases, computers, and other technology are compatible. Contact providers who handle the technical problems or orders the hardware.
- Attends committee meetings, Finance, Board of Trustees, Executive Leadership, Operations Council, Board of Stewards, budget meetings, and others as needed or required.
- Supervises the facilities director, operations director, office manager, director of finance, database manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Five years’ experience in business management including financial management, preferably in a nonprofit organization or church setting
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Christ Church
- Ability to use a humble listening approach with both internal and external constituencies
- One who thrives in a team that practices excellence, humility, hope and unity
- One who understands stewardship campaigns and can implement one
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Confidentiality is a must