Director of Youth Ministry - St. John's UMC
POSITION: St. John’s United Methodist Church is seeking a Paid Part-Time Director of Youth Ministry at SJUMC . Flexible hours, to be negotiated with Pastor and/or the Staff Parish Relations committee, with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
PURPOSE: The purpose is to minister to the youth of our church and community in grades 6-12 and to administer, develop, and implement youth ministry programs designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• A Christian with a heart for the youth.
• Conduct yourself in a Christ-like manner and demonstrate high Biblical standards as you teach youth with your own life.
• Establish meaningful personal relationships with the young people in the congregation and community by investing in their lives, such as attending lunch at the area schools and attending their extracurricular activities (ie: sporting events, concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies).
• Plan, implement, and attend weekly activities for the youth during the school year. Ideally, this would mean having Sunday evening MYF activities and Sunday Morning Study and worship.
• Provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping meet the needs of others.
• Plan, organize, and attend youth camps & conferences.
• Participate in annual youth ministry training and individual spiritual development.
• Assist the Pastor in the teaching of the Confirmation class as needed.
• Create and monitor expenditures through MMPC Youth budget.
• Recruit and develop adults within the congregation to serve as committed mentors.
• Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input and feedback.
• Work alongside other church staff members as a team player, attending staff meetings, and sharing in the vision and ministry of St. John’s.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Pastor, Staff/ Parish relations committee.
COMPENSATION: $15,000. for part-time position.
St. John’s U.M.C of Richmond, TX is seeking to hire a part time youth director position. We are looking for someone with a heart for youth, to help minister to a small, but active youth group. Currently our group consists of mostly Junior- Mid high youth. Our goal would be to find a director who is willing to grow with the group, as they move forward. For more information about our program or any questions, please contact
Pastor Jeff Gantz at 281-342-6631.