Director of Youth Ministries - First United Methodist Church - Houston
First Methodist Houston is looking for someone who has both a passion for Christ and teenagers to become our full-time Director of Youth Ministries. The position would be expected to provide vision, organization, and leadership for the discipleship of youth (grades 7th -12th) and their families, throughout all outreach platforms available.
· Provide vision and leadership to the youth ministries for 7-12th grades for the downtown campus of First Methodist Houston, including youth involved in FMH’s Neighbors in Action (NIA) ministry in the Port Houston community.
· Serve as the primary discipleship and ministry contact.
· Create a healthy, sustainable ministry utilizing students, parents, and volunteer leaders.
· Primary responsibility for Sunday programming for youth.
· Discern new ministry opportunities with youth/families, as the Holy Spirit leads.
· Work on a Family Ministries Team to support crossover ministry between campuses (big events, camps, retreats, mission trips, etc.)
· Work with Downtown pastors and staff to develop new ministry opportunities and ways to incorporate FMH’s youth into the life of the church.
· Build: recruit, train (including Safe Sanctuary Training) and disciple a strong volunteer teams.
· Work with students to create a Youth Ministry Council.
· Provide age-appropriate discipleship ministry activities and resources (including mission opportunities) that help parents disciple their youth.
· Provide age-appropriate discipleship ministries (small groups, big events, camps and retreats, mission opportunities) for youth.
· Select curriculum for discipleship along stage development.
· Work with the Administrative Assistant to Family Ministries to support youth ministry programs.
· Attend staff development seminars/coaching yearly for growth and encouragement.
· Responsible for youth fundraisers (2 a year) and the recruitment of parent leaders.
· Manage financial budget for ministry.
Strong Christian faith/ Bachelor’s degree or higher with 4 years’ experience in Youth Ministry/ Detailed oriented, team player with strong communication and organizational skills / Proven ability to organize and implement programs, lead people and resolve conflicts in healthy ways/ Proficient Bible knowledge and understanding of Wesleyan doctrine /Understanding of child development and how-to disciple diverse youth. (7th -12th graders)/
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org