Director of Student Ministry - Christ Church United Methodist
The Director of Student Ministry (DSM) will be intentional about reaching students grades 7-12 within the wider community and will work to disciple these students and integrate them into the student ministry.
The DSM will report to the Discipleship Pastor who is responsible for establishing the vision and direction of generational ministry. The DSM will be expected to work collaboratively with other generation ministries to ensure students graduating high school are established in their faith and equipped for a lifelong walk with Christ.
A successful candidate will be someone who is able to keep a healthy tension between the social and spiritual. On the one hand he/she should be relational, energetic and fun-loving, while on the other hand staying focused on Christian formation and discipleship.
This role calls for an integrous and emotionally mature individual who prioritizes his/her own personal journey with Christ, exemplifies Christian character, is teachable, and is able to work well within the larger team at Christ Church.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years ministry experience
- Mature knowledge of the Bible and spiritual disciplines
- Subscribe to the beliefs and practices of the UMC
- Skilled teacher
- Competency in media and technology
- Prioritizes personal relationship with Christ
- A love for the Bible and a consistent prayer life
- A heart for evangelism and mission
- A good leader of oneself and others
- Emotionally Mature
- Team Player
- Energetic and fun-loving
- Plan and organize the ministry program for students in grades 7-12
- Identify and develop student leaders and leadership teams
- Run events to reach students in the community
- Facilitate student Bible studies and programs
- Plan and run socials, outings, camps and missions
- Provide spiritual support to students
- Build an adult leadership team
- Ensure parent support and participation
- Promote student involvement in the wider church
- Manage the student budget
- Healthy and respectful working relationship within the larger staff team
- Report to the associate pastor overseeing discipleship
- Work collaboratively with other generational ministries
- Positive contributor to the larger vision of Christ Church
This is a full-time position and includes benefits. Resume, cover letter, and expected remuneration can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org