Director of Outreach and Missions - The Harvest UMC
The Director of Outreach and Missions will provide key support to the ministries of The Harvest. This will include providing project support to church leadership; leading community outreach opportunities, coordinating church volunteer initiatives, and missions planning and implementation. This position will report to the Lead Pastor.
Hours: 30 hrs. per week
- Provide project support to the Director of Business Operations and Lead Pastor.
- Ensure that the various ministries of The Harvest receive project support as needed.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach events in harmony with the church’s vision and mission.
- Seek out and prioritize the outreach needs of the community.
- Coordinate efforts to connect church members through volunteer opportunities.
- Support ministry leaders with their volunteer needs. This would include ensuring assisting with planning, communicating, and training.
- Oversee the Missions of The Harvest including mission trips and service opportunities locally and abroad.
- Be the Community Liaison for The Harvest UMC either directly or indirectly
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Committed Christian who leads others in the growth of their faith by word and example.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people in individual and group settings
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects based on the needs of the church.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping or simultaneous timelines.
- Proficient in the uses of social media outlets
- Multi-Ethnic Church Development experience preferred
- Missional background preferred
Please send resumes to email@example.com