Director of Music/Organist - Pulaski Heights UMC, Little Rock, AR
Please send applications to Dr. Frode Gundersen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church is seeking applications for the position of Organist/Associate Music Director. PHUMC recognizes the powerful impact that high-quality music has in its worship services. Striving to present a variety of music, with participation from all ages, our goal is to elevate the spoken Word through our musical offerings to God. Pulaski Heights has a long-standing history (1912-present) with an active congregation and membership of 4,800. The Music
and Arts Ministry is well established with opportunities for adults, youth, children, choirs, handbells, a flourishing music academy, choral scholars, and plays a role in the greater fine arts community.
1. Display an excellent, high-level organ ability with a strong commitment to sacred organ literature
2. Be committed to creative hymn playing
3. Have experience with piano/organ accompaniment and playing for choral conductors
4. Play for our two weekly Sunday morning sanctuary services. The earlier service is televised.
Instrumentalists are used on a regular basis.
5. Play for all additional seasonal services and major choral work presentations
6. Play weddings and funerals as assigned
7. Accompany our weekly Chancel Choir rehearsal
8. Oversee Adventures in the Arts (PHUMC music academy with 15 teacher and 175 students)
9. Attend weekly staff meeting, and any committees as assigned
10. Possess strong communication and organizational skills
11. Desire to be an active and collaborating member of a large church staff
12. Have a degree(s) in organ performance and/or church music
13. Five years church music experience preferred
Nichols and Simpson Pipe Organ (1999), 74 Ranks, 3 Manuals; Allen Organ (Chapel); 26 Pianos, including 4 Steinway Grands; 24
Bell Carillon; 2 sets of Handbells
Salary and Benefits:
This position is 40 hours per week with a negotiable salary, with health, dental, eye insurance, a 6% pension contribution,
continuing education, and moving allowance if necessary. Vacation is granted in coordination with the policies stated in the employee handbook.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Starting Date: November 1, 2022