Director of Music Ministries - St. Philip’s UMC, Houston
The Director of Music Ministry will work with the senior pastor and staff to minister to the church body through both contemporary and traditional music, while working with all ages within the church. The Director of Music Ministries will provide musical direction for the Chancel Choir, Philip’s Joy Praise Band, handbells and other groups as appropriate. The successful candidate will have a passion for Christ, a love of music, and an openness to expanding on the St. Philip’s music program. A spiritual maturity and a willingness to minister to people at all levels is essential.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in music or related field preferred.
- Three-five years of related experience in a faith-based environment.
- A combination of education and experience appropriate to the requirements of the job description will be considered.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
- Knowledge and experience in sacred music.
- Proficiency in guitar and vocals.
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the church and all age groups, including children.
- Demonstrated experience directing/leading other singers and musicians while guiding them through the process of learning new music.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of music styles and ability to effectively integrate traditional hymns with contemporary music.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work within the United Methodist tradition and doctrine.
Send your résumé noting the job applied for and a recording (video preferred) of you leading worship or performing musically to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available immediately.