Director of Music Ministries, First UMC Livingston
This is a full-time position with insurance benefits.
Qualified candidates will have experience leading music in both traditional and contemporary worship and have a genuine appreciation and passion for all styles of worship. Must be a growing Christian disciple who lives out an authentic Christian faith.
FUMC has three worship services; Contemporary and “Old Time Gospel” (concurrent) at 9:00 AM and Traditional at 11:00 AM. Average Sunday worship attendance is 420-460.
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Lead rehearsals for Praise Band.
2. Serve as the lead vocalist and worship leader for contemporary worship
3. Train and recruit laity to serve as vocalists and instrumentalists as needed.
4. Continue to expand the level of excellence of a very good Praise Band.
TRADITIONAL WORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Lead rehearsals and direct a very strong (35-45 member) chancel choir.
2. Lead rehearsals and direct 2 bell choirs.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Plan music and worship services with Pastor/s.
2. Rehearse and direct Children’s choir in conjunction with Children's Director.
3. Work with Children's Hand bell Director to enhance children's bell choir.
4. Provide oversight for music accompanists in all worship services, weddings, and funerals.
5. Provide planning and oversight for the music ministry budget.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY PIANO AND OR KEYBOARD. ABILITY TO PLAY ORGAN A PLUS.
First United Methodist Church of Livingston is a growing, thriving, financially healthy congregation on the shores of Lake Livingston. We are only 45 minutes from North Houston restaurants and shopping malls. (Applicants from Houston should be aware that we believe this position requires a relocation to Livingston)
This position would begin as early as mid-November or early December, but start date is negotiable.
Wonderful church, wonderful people, wonderful staff, and a great place to build a future and a family.
Very competitive compensation package.
Interested applicants may send resumes to Sr. Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS Including pics and video or music links so that we can "see you in action" and "listen to your vocal abilities" will help you stand out.
First UMC Livingston
2801 Hwy 190 West, Livingston TX 77351