Director of Middle School Ministry - The Harvest UMC
To direct and lead youth programming for Middle School age youth. The Director shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. As our Director of Middle School Ministry, you will develop and initiate ministry with students throughout the year. This will include trips, participating in youth events and provide direct support to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to middle school ministry.
- Provided Christ-centered talks and teachings.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities and retreats for middle school age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development
- Prepare the annual youth budget with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Promote Christian service through age-appropriate service projects.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with middle school age groups.
- Provide communication for all events and programs.
- Be a part of the worshiping community of The Harvest on a regular basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly YM meetings, and any other meetings required.
- Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of Youth activities
- Keep the congregation informed of youth events by coordinating the publicity for youth activities through the appropriate channels provided by the church.
- Manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for student ministry within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
- Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, choirs, educational opportunities, youth activities, service projects, etc.
- Initiate relational ministry with individuals and groups of students through regular correspondence and personal visit/activities
- Independently develop student programs that foster spiritual development
- Effectively communicate program information with parents and students
- Lead student small groups
- Attend and support student ministry activities and Sunday worship service
- Administratively support student ministry programs and events, as directed by the Director of Student Ministries
Please send resumes to email@example.com.