Director of Junior High Ministry - Faith United Methodist Church
The Director of Junior High Ministry is responsible for all ministries including students in 6th-8th grade, visioning for the junior high ministry; management and equipping of junior high ministry volunteers.
Leading volunteer teams, the Director will build a loving & inclusive Christian community among youth and their families, helping them to encounter God and discover a place to belong, believe, and be a blessing to others.
The Director will work with other staff and church leadership to help integrate this youth ministry into every aspect of the church’s vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: are listed below. Enumeration of essential functions in this job description neither state nor imply these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Performance of other duties may be requested as necessary by the supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Linda O’Donnell – Director of Youth Ministries
- Visioning and programming of Junior High Ministry (6th-8th grade)
- Recruiting, equipping, encouraging, collaborating, and supervising the Junior High Ministry volunteers
- Incorporating youth into worship on Sundays
- Coordinating Confirmation class for 7th grade youth – setting up curriculum, recruiting volunteers, arranging educational field trips, and organizing Confirmation Sunday
- Leading mid-week Bible study during the school year- selecting curriculum, recruiting volunteers, and teaching
- Planning summer trips, outreach events, fellowship events, etc. throughout the year
- Directing the Mid High Mission (Summer weekend mission trip for 6th-8th grade youth) – recruiting volunteers, coordinating work sites, organizing worship band and speakers, etc.
- Oversee and lend support as needed for special events – U.M. A.R.M.Y., Vacation Bible School, Harvest Festival, Advent and Lenten seasons, etc.
- Work within the annual Youth Ministry budget
- 21 years of age or older
- GED or equivalent
- Relevant experience working with youth
- Training and/or relevant experience in volunteer leadership and management
- Experienced communicator; oral and written
- Unconditional love for youth
- Feel ‘called’ to work with God’s children and share faith with them
- Positive attitude, contagious passion
- Calm; especially in stressful situations
- Ability to lead others and equip them for discipleship growth
- Takes initiative
- Discreet; maintain confidentiality
- Enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education opportunities and professional memberships.
- Maintain physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health.
- Pursue an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
Please forward resumes with a cover letter to Linda.O’Donnell@faithumc.org.