Director of Finance and Operations, West University UMC
JOB TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Finance and Facilities Staff
STATUS: Full-time, Salary, 40 hours/week, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all areas of Financial Management, Treasury Management, Facilities, Human Resources, and Information Technology. Provides a critical role in partnering with Senior Pastor, the Church Finance Committee, and other Church leadership.
- Review and revise finance policies and procedures.
- Implement sound financial policies and procedures, including developing and maintaining sound internal controls to safeguard the assets of the church and foundation in accordance with GAAP.
- Initiate annual budget and planning, monthly review. Create new and more efficient processes.
- Manage all financial transactions. Performs last review and finalizes all entries, closes reporting periods, ensures timely accurate reporting (internal management; state, federal, other as needed) payroll, accounts payable.
- Implement annual church audit – oversee and manage the independent auditors, ensuring compliance with standards and updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for managing IT, the Church Management Software, Financial software, and others as needed.
- Liaison –Board of Stewards, Trustees, Finance Committee, Audit Review, Foundation.
- Provide reports and presentations for the Board of Stewards, Finance Committee, SPRC, Board of Trustees, and Foundation Directors.
- Information expert on laws and regulations regarding operations of the church and foundation (non-profit, tax, payroll, related issues).
- Manage all owned and any leased properties of the church and foundation.
- Design, implement, and maintain fixed asset program in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
- Oversee the implementation of all work related to capital campaign of approximately $1M.
- Risk Management: manage all property, general and umbrella liability policies, etc. Work directly with the insurance broker for any annual updates to the policies. Update policies and procedures to mitigate any risk.
- Review and update changes to the Employee Benefit packages working directly with Broker to ensure adequate coverage for employees at the best cost to West U UMC.
- Implement compliant retention policy archives.
Educational Requirement: Minimum: Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
Work Experience Preferred: Minimum 10 Years Experience. CPA
Overall: This position requires good interpersonal skills and one who functions well independently and also as a member of a healthy staff team.
Contact: Linda Christians firstname.lastname@example.org