Director of Elementary Ministry - The Harvest UMC (Part-Time 30hrs)
The Director of Elementary Ministry will lead all elementary Children’s Sunday school classes, events, camps, bible studies and seasonal programming.
· Develop and execute ministries to reach our community, connect our elementary kids to God and one another, grow them in discipleship, and help them understand God’s mission
· Recruit and train volunteers to grow the ministry and our laity
· Communicate effectively with volunteers and parents
· Work with discipleship team in growing our ministries
· Help develop our parents and families so discipleship is also happening at home
· Develop content as needed
· Ensure Safe Sanctuary measures are followed at all times
· Assist with big events such as VBS and Easter on the Hill and others as they arise
· Manage administrative details such as responding to inquiries about the ministry, collecting data for tracking growth, purchasing supplies, managing the budget, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Communicating. Can write and speak effectively and clearly; able to speak in a public setting.
· Leading. Able to lead children and adults through their faith walk.
· Visioning. Exercises creativity in their work; thinks into the future about children’s ministry; continues to grow children's ministry at The Harvest through new ideas and changing needs.
· Strategic Thinking. Plans ahead to allow teachers and children to get the most engaging and effective experience in the children’s center.
· Interpersonal Relationships. Works well in a team and collaborates with others; demonstrates a passion to enable adults and children to grow their faith and become disciples
· Organizing. Able to manage multiple tasks; completes assignments in a timely and efficient manner; demonstrates attention to detail.
· Degree in education, ministry or related field preferred, or a minimum of 1-2 year’s experience
· Competency in Microsoft office and demonstrated willingness to learn other computer programs
· Can lift 40lbs (i.e. case of paper), Can be outside for extended periods of time.