Director of Cooperative Youth Ministries - Russell Memorial UMC
The Director of Cooperative Youth Ministries will be responsible for the development, planning, organization and execution of weekly youth Christ centered programs, including Sunday School, worship and Youth evening ministries at Russell Memorial & Cheatham Memorial United Methodist Churches.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff covenant.
- Have a passion and heart for evangelizing youth.
- Support the church’s purpose, vision and journey.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven track record of developing quality relationships; a recognized aptitude for interpersonal engagement, structured dialogue, and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand the needs of youth 5th grade to graduating High School Sr.
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, team builder, and highly motivated.
- Proven management skills in volunteer recruitment, organization, management, and programmatic design.
- Experience in social media and technology
- Experience in youth ministry (preferred).
- Theological Training at recognized Seminary, Bible College or equivalent experience.
- Complete “Safe Gatherings” training.
- Work cooperatively with pastors, staff, volunteers, and parents to promote intentional spiritual development with youth in the Wills Point & Edgewood region.
- Recruit, train, inspire and lead a team of volunteers to support and lead the ministries at each campus and in join gatherings.
- Developing school and community connections mentoring youth and serving as an advocate for youth throughout both communities.
- Plan, implement and oversee all aspects of programming and ministry for youth of New Beginnings Cooperative Youth Ministries including:
- Planning, organizing and preparing programming, ministry and curriculum for youth ministries.
- Recruiting, inspiring, and leading volunteers to serve on a rotational basis as teachers for Sunday School and Children’s church (times determined at each location).
- Developing programs for involving youth in the community not connected to either congregation in various activities that make connections with the churches.
- Planning local service projects, regional mission trips, and monthly joint youth gatherings between the two churches.
- Will also be responsible for setting up Confirmation classes in consultation with pastors
- Direct participation in engaging and teaching youth.
- Responsible for the Youth Ministry budget, including any fundraising necessary for programs, scholarships, etc.
- Connect with students by being present and engaging in school-related activities (as appropriate).
- Participate in Leadership Ministry Planning Retreats, Administrative Council, and other meetings as appropriate to position, including weekly meeting with pastors.
For more information email: email@example.com