Director of Children's Ministry - Faith UMC
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for all ministries including children from birth through 5th grade, visioning for the children’s ministry, and the management and equipping of children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
Leading staff and volunteer teams, the Director will build a loving & inclusive Christian community among children and their families while helping them to know God, to grow in their faith, and to serve faithfully in the world.
The Director will also work with other staff and church leadership to help integrate children into every aspect of the church’s ministry: education, missions, worship, fellowship and evangelism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enumeration of essential functions in this job description neither state nor imply these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Performance of other duties may be
requested as necessary by the supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
• Envisioning and programming of children’s ministries (birth through 5th grade).
• Recruiting, equipping, encouraging, and supervising the Children’s Ministry staff.
• Recruiting, equipping, encouraging, and organizing the Children’s Ministry volunteers.
• Planning and overseeing Children’s Sunday School (recruiting teachers, selecting curriculum, planning special events throughout the year) and other Sunday morning activities for Kindergarten – 5th grade. • Managing and lending support as needed for Special Events: Vacation Bible School, Advent and Lenten activities, Presentation of Third Grade Bibles, Family Nights of Worship, Family Movie Nights, etc.
• Planning, recruiting volunteers, and directing Mid-Week program for 3rd-5th grade.
• Establishing a yearly leadership team and oversee the planning and execution of VBS.
• Developing and organizing a summer calendar for Children’s Ministry including Christian camps, VBS and other special events.
• Supervising Safe Sanctuary program- volunteer application and training for volunteers in Children’s area. • Planning parenting workshops, and work with other ministry areas for ‘family ministry ’events.
• Coordinating with Faith School for Young Children in sharing facilities and resources.
• Guiding the Nursery ministry by:
a. Providing guidance for the Nursery Supervisor and nursery workers.
b. Assisting Nursery Supervisor with interviewing of new staff.
c. Participating in training events and Christmas party for the nursery workers.
• Preparing and managing annual children’s ministry budget.
• Managing and coordinating social media and communications for ministry events and programs. • Developing and adapt ministry models that align with latest Covid protocols.
Meet with supervisory staff on a regular basis.
Provide guidance and inspiration for lay-led Leaders in Children’s Ministry.
Serve on the Board for Faith School for Young Children.
Coordinate with Lay Leadership of Upwards Sports.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
3-5 years of relevant work experience in Christian or general education, especially with children.
Training and/or relevant experience in staff leadership and budget management.
Strong Organizational and time management skills.
Highly developed communication skills.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and in social media platforms.
Works well with others and within a team.
Creative and innovative.
Leadership background and experience serving with children and families.
• Unconditional love for all children
• Feel ‘called’ to work with God’s children and share faith with them • Positive attitude, contagious passion
• Calm - especially in stressful situations
• Ability to lead others and equip them for discipleship growth
• Shows initiative
• Discreet maintain confidentiality
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH
Enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education opportunities and professional memberships.
Maintain physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health.
Pursue an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
4600 F.M. 359, Richmond, TX 77406 Tel: 281-341-820 Web: www.faithumc.org