Director of Children's Ministries - Ashford UMC
Ashford United Methodist Church (“Ashford”) is seeking a part-time Coordinator of Family
Ministries who will be responsible for engaging and nurturing children, youth, and parents in the love and grace of Jesus Christ. The person who accepts this position must be able to teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblically based lifestyle among families.
- Have a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Good teaching ability and communication skills
- Energetic, warm and the ability to connect relationally with parents and children
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
- Ability to work closely with Senior Pastor and Church Leaders to accomplish our objectives
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- 3-5 years experience in a Youth and Children’s ministry preferred
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work on their own and meet all demands and deadlines without direct supervision
- Experience in raising a family would be an asset
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
· Create and implement programing that helps to build a discipling culture among Children, Youth, and Parents from within the congregation and within the surrounding community
· Provide direction, oversight and leadership of the Children and Youth ministries
· Recruit, train, pray for, and engage new Children and Youth ministry volunteers
· Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community
· Seek out Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours approximately 15 hours per week (with some seasonal variation). Sunday 10:00am – 12:00pm required
Salary: TBA (Semi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month)
This position is not covered by benefits.
The Coordinator of Family Ministries reports directly to the Senior Pastor
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The selected applicant may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those explicitly stated in this job description.
Ashford United Methodist Church (“Ashford”) exists to reflect the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. Employees are ambassadors of our ministry and, as such, must be mindful of Ashford’s purpose and mission to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. “
Resumes by Mail: 2201 South Dairy Ashford Road - Houston, Texas 77077 - Attn. Office Manager
Resumes by Email: AUMC@ashfordumc.org