Director of Children’s Ministry - First UMC, Lufkin
First United Methodist Church of Lufkin is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry.
Job Summary: The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Lufkin’s First United Methodist Church.
Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
- Understand and be able to champion the church’s purpose, vision and journey and the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in education, child development, or social work.
- Preferred experience working in a United Methodist church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with congregation, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
Contact: Susan Davis
First UMC, Lufkin
805 E Denman Ave
Lufkin, TX 75901
Deadline: job will close when filled
Send resumes to HR@lufkinfirst.com