Director of Children’s Ministries, FUMC Humble
Director of Children’s Ministries, FUMC HumbleReports to: Pastor
Hours required: Full-time (32 hours/week)
PurposeThe Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to oversee the Children’s Ministry (ages 2 through 5th grade) to ensure a safe and effective program. The director will recruit and train leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved in church.
- Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of the church.
- Bachelor Degree or 3-5 years of experience.
- Self-starting—able to work independently and organized.
- Has a heart and passion for children; has a burning desire to share the life of Jesus with children and see them begin and grow in Christian faith.
- Able to work with and be supportive of a wide variety of “constituents”: pastoral staff, volunteer workers, parents and grandparents, children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Complies with a security background check as per Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Agreement with and commitment to the Staff Covenant.
- Program Planning/Implementation/Calendaring
- Evaluation of Programs
- Budget Planning
- Recruitment of volunteer teachers and assistants/shepherds.
- Leader of Children’s Ministry Leadership Team
- Makes recommendations concerning children’s issues to Pastor
Coordinate Nursery and Childcare Ministry
- Work with Lead nursery worker to develop and maintain a staffing schedule for the nursery
- Communicate current staffing schedule to nursery caregivers
- Communicate with the children’s team about needs and concerns arising with nursery staff
- Make sure curriculum is implemented into the nursery ministry
Sunday School for ages 2 year old through 5th grade
- Curriculum – research; develop; order; distribute with approval of Pastor
- Resources & Supplies – research; inventory; purchase; distribute
- Training for all teachers, aides, and support staff.
- Create rosters each year; update as needed.
- Plan and implement grade level parent meetings or training.
- Plan, calendar, and communicate with parents about specific grade level programs.
- Communicate with teachers about special programs, i.e. music Sundays, Palm Sunday plans, Promotion Sunday, etc.
- Lead recruitment and training of teachers/volunteer
- Organize and execute plans for Promotion Sunday and other special programs.
Provide special programs throughout the year: Summer programming including Vacation Bible School; Lent special programming; 3rd Grade Bibles; Teacher Appreciation; Advent; Christmas Eve & Christmas Fest
- An evident, vibrant and contagious faith in Jesus Christ
- Understanding of Wesleyan Theology – United Methodist preferred
- Passion for children and family
Other Miscellaneous Tasks:
- Create Communication articles (newsletters, website, bulletin, or other Church publication)
- Correspond with families and volunteers such as visitors, miss you cards, teacher information flyers
- Visitor and New Member Contact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Contact: Kimberly Ratcliff