Director of Children and Family Ministries - Moody Memorial FUMC
Moody Memorial First United Methodist Church of Galveston, Texas seeks to hire a full-time Director of Children and Family Ministires who will create engaging experiences for kids and their families that build excitement and encourages spiritual growth for children ages 0 through 4th Grade.
- Maintain a safe, vibrant, engaging ministry program for young children.
- Recruit, train, and support lay leadership for Children's Ministries' activities, worship services, and programs.
- Organize special programs, events, and service opportunities.
- Communicate Children's Ministries' programs to the church and public through print, email, website and social media.
- Oversee Children's Ministries' budget.
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School, Christmas, and Easter programming.
- Provide training and maintain records for Safe Sanctuary.
- Coordinate Baptisms and Baptism classes.
- Seek and facilitate the integration of children into leadership roles in worship services and the life of the church.
- Order and keep track of Children's Ministries' supplies, curricula and materials.
- Offer support and resources to those wishing to raise children in the faith.
- Supervise Nursery Coordinator and Children's Ministry Assistant.
- Work with Directors of Day School and Student Ministries to implement joint programs.
- Attend weekly staff meetings; monthly leadership meetings as well as Sunday Morning Worship/Sunday School.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Pastor.
Qualities, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Deeply committed Christian with a passion for assisting children and families in developing lifelong relationships with Christ.
- Education background either by degree or experience.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent Communications skills with the children, their parents, and the greater life of the church.
- Ability to empower and equip volunteers.
- Volunteer or staff experience in a local church
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications
Submit resume’s to: Rev. Alicia Besser
2803 53rd Street
Galveston, Texas 77551