Coordinator of Church Life - Lakewood UMC
The Coordinator of Church Life has the primary responsibility for greeting and assisting those who call or visit the church offices. The Coordinator of Church Life is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, church pastors. and other members of the church staff and lay officers to carry out the necessary business of the church in an efficient and harmonious manner. The position shall be reviewed regularly by Supervising Pastor with regards to such matters as job performance, effectiveness, and issues relating to compensation and benefits.
Qualifications for the position shall normally include prior experience in office and facilities administration, and personal proficiency with both computers and other common office equipment. In addition, the Coordinator of Church Life should demonstrate interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, the ability to work within both a supervisory and collegial manner with all persons, and an appreciation for the unique task and mission of the church.
Membership in Lakewood United Methodist Church is not required, but the Coordinator of Church Life should be familiar and in agreement with the basic beliefs and practices of the church to represent it accurately and positively to others.
Specific duties shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Ensure that the church office is friendly and efficient, with the goal of making all visitors feel welcomed and cared for in Christ.
(2) Maintain the church calendar, which shall include such functions as committee meetings, weddings, baptisms, and other special events. Coordinate requests for building usage by various groups and individuals, including sponsored groups (i.e.: Scouts).
(3) Communicate needs for room set-ups to custodial staff and Facility Coordinator. Communicate to Facility Coordinator such other needs i.e., concierge for evening/weekend events.
(4) Produce the weekly calendar for reviewing all items with the appropriate staff and groups.
(5) Coordinate church assistance ministries, especially with regards to contacts among those requesting assistance (Pantry, Closet & Financial) from the church. Schedule appointments for these persons with the church’s Benevolence Team and Matthew 25:35 Pantry and Closet. Information gathering and recording along with at times helping these individuals directly will be expected. Recruiting, training and scheduling benevolence team members also included.
(6) Attend weekly staff and other meetings, as requested.
(7) Provide administrative support to the Missions Pastor.
(8) Continue job development and cross-train in other office administrative tasks.
(9) Other such duties as may be assigned by the pastors, as appropriate for the skills and abilities of the individual.
For more information email: email@example.com