Clinical Pastoral Education Resident - Baton Rouge General Medical Center
The Baton Rouge General Clinical Pastoral Education Program is now accepting applications for the 2022-23 Chaplain Residency. The CPE Residency program is a 12-month position in which students serve as full-time hospital employees while earning four (4) units of CPE training.
Baton Rouge General is a community owned, not-for-profit that began as the city’s first hospital in 1900. Featuring three campuses (Mid City, Bluebonnet, and Ascension), Baton Rouge General has grown to become a fully integrated medical community with a physician network of more than 800, a hospital staff of more than 3,500, and more than 29 clinical and medical facilities. In 2010, the hospital became a satellite campus for Tulane University School of Medicine, and in 2019 became a member of the Mayo Clinical Care Network. The hospital values education, as it is home to a Family Medicine Residency Program, Internal Medicine Residency Program, BRG School of Nursing, BRG School of Radiology Technology, and the William Carey University School of Nursing.
Since the Pastoral Care Department’s founding in 1946, Baton Rouge General has continually valued the contribution of chaplains and the importance of developing chaplains for the future.
BRG Chaplain Residency Program Summary
- Residency Year: Monday, September 12, 2022 – Friday, September 15, 2023
- Full Time Day Shift; Rotational Weekend Shifts and On Call Required
- 6 positions available
- Salary: $35,600 + Employee Benefits (Health & Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, 401K)
- Tuition: $1,000
- For additional program information, please visit https://www.brgeneral.org/medical-services/pastoral-care/
- Apply for the Clinical Pastoral Education Resident position.
- Visit BRG/GHS Careers.
- Search “Clinical Pastoral Education Resident.”
- Click “Apply for Job” button and complete application.
- Complete and submit the BRG Clinical Pastoral Education Application. Any prior CPE Supervisor final evaluations should be submitted to PastoralCare@brgeneral.org.
- Baccalaureate degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited university or theological school is required. A Master of Divinity degree from a theological seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools is preferred.
- One successfully completed unit of CPE is desirable, but not required.
- Prior experience in pastoral ministry in a congregational or clinical setting is preferred, as well as good standing with one’s faith group.